Right now on Amazon, you can get an Oster 5965 stainless-steel 1.5-liter electric water kettle for just $29.99 with free shipping. This regularly sells for $79.99! This would make a great gift, especially for a tea lover. I love how it has a stay warm function so you can take your time enjoying your hot drink and not have to boil up new water when you want another cup. It can also be used in cooking, for example, instant oatmeal or soups.
Attractively housed in brushed stainless steel, this electric kettle not only looks great in any contemporary kitchen, but it also quickly brings up to 1-1/2 liters of water to a rolling boil. To use, simply fill the kettle at the sink using the water-level indicator to gauge how much, return the kettle to its power base, plug it in, and turn it on. In a matter of minutes, hot water will be ready to use for anything from tea, instant coffee, and hot cocoa to instant soup or oatmeal. The kettle shuts off automatically once water has reached a full boil, and its keep-warm function maintains a ready-to-use hot-water temperature (continued at Amazon)
- Stainless-steel electric kettle quickly boils up to 1-1/2 liters of water
- 360-degree power base for graceful cord-free serving; keep-warm function
- Water-level indicator; concealed element; automatic shut-off with boil-dry protection
- Non-drip spout with removable fine-mesh filter; stay-cool handle; cord storage
- Measures approximately 8-2/3 by 6-8/9 by 10-3/5 inches