I have to admit, I haven't "gone green". I mean, I recycle all the time and have a few energy saving lightbulbs in the house, but I don't go out of my way to be green. But Marcal Small Steps makes it easy to take a step in that direction.
Marcal has been making paper products for 60 years. That's A LOT of paper! In 2009, they decided to help the cause and created 100% green paper products that are affordable and good quality. ALL the paper products in this line are made from 100% recycled paper, not trees.
If only all the other paper brands did this, think of how many trees we could save! But, unfortunately, they don't. So do your part, and support Marcal in this "small step" toward a better future, and maybe we'll get there one day.
Check out their website to learn more, and to see lots of interesting facts. Did you know that 98% of the tissue products on the shelf at the store are made from freshly cut trees? WOW!
I was given a roll of paper towels and 2 packs of toilet tissue. I'll start with the paper towels. The day after I got them, I had to give my cat a pill. I decided to use wet cat food, which I never give him, to disguise the medicine. He ate it ALL. And a minute later, it was all over the floor! Quickly, I ran for the paper towels. I scooped up what I could and rubbed what was left to dry it up (I have carpet). I was very glad to see that after all that rubbing, the paper towels did not tear at all! My fingers didn't poke through the wet towels either.
The toilet tissue did its job just as well as the paper towels did. Now, I won't go into detail, but my favorite thing about this tissue is the fact that it is 100% lint free! Ladies, you know what I mean.... Like the towels, it was strong when wet and there was no poke through. It wasn't as soft as other brands, but it's hardly worth a mention. I did buy another pack of tissue when I ran out, and was very pleased to see it was cheaper than my regular brand! I also like the heart design on the paper :)
I would recommend both products. They live up to their claim of "stronger when wet", are affordable, and I feel good knowing that no trees were cut down to make them.
2 rolls of Marcal Small Steps toilet tissue & 1 roll of paper towels!
Mandatory First Entry: Leave a comment answering this question: Have you "gone green" yet?
Extra Entries: (Available after mandatory entry is completed. Please leave separate comments for each entry)
1. Vote for my son and fiance's photo here. Simply leave a comment under the photo saying "I vote for A Kiss from Daddy". You can vote daily until July 10th. (2 entries)
2. Check out this post about the new BARE Bottles that need our help to make it to production and leave a comment about something you like about them for 1 entry. If you pledge $1.00 or more, you get 5 entries!
3. Follow me on GFC (1 entry)
4. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
5. "Like" me on Facebook (1 entry)
6. Subscribe to my blog via email (2 entries)
7. Subscribe to my blog via RSS/reader (1 entry)
8. Tweet this giveaway. Leave link to tweet (1 entry, can be done once daily for 1 extra entry per day)
" Enter to #win a Marcal Small Steps paper product pack! #giveaway Ends 7/13 http://tinyurl.com/3bknne3 "
9. Blog about this giveaway. Please link back to this post, and leave an address where it can be found (5 entries)
10. Put my button on your blog. Leave an address where it can be found (3 entries)
Giveaway will end on July 13th at 11:59pm EST. The winner will be chosen be Random.org and emailed. Winner has 48 hours to respond to email before a new winner will be chosen. Make sure you leave your email in comment or make sure it is visible in your profile so I have a way to contact you if you win! This giveaway is open to US residents only.
I received several paper products mentioned above to review so I could form an opinion of the product. No other compensation was received, and all opinions are 100% mine. Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment.